Apply to Job # 21192 listed on the Hensel Phelps Careers Website (http://www.henselphelps.com/careers).
The Safety Manager is responsible for supporting the project team in the successful completion of a construction project. Responsibilities of the position could involve working on a single site or multiple sites.
Hensel Phelps is an equal opportunity employer and contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status, nor will they be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Essential job functions include:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Company’s Safety and Health Program, applicable Regulatory Standards and EM 385-1-1
- Understanding of site specific project safety requirements
- Assist project team with Safety Startup Checklist
- Assist in the completion and maintenance of the Accident Prevention Plan
- Participate in the 6 Step Quality/Safety Control Process
- Oversee the safety point file system
- Assist the Project Superintendent in the completion and maintenance of the Safety Management Tool
- Assist the Project Superintendent in the project site-specific safety orientation
- Conduct project safety training, as needed
- Maintain project statistical data
- Assist in the development and implementation of the project’s SAFE Program
- Report on subcontractor safety performance to Project Superintendent and Project Manager
- Conduct project safety audits
- Participate in OSHA inspections
- Participate in all incident and/or near miss investigations
- Work with project team to maintain the safety budget; anticipate necessary safety supplies for employees
- Attend Owner meetings and work with their safety representatives, as necessary
- Assist in the development and review of Activity Hazard Analysis
- Attend competent person courses, as available
- Personnel evaluation and development
The position may require the new hire to be assigned to a project with specific badging or other security requirements, which may require the Company, Owner, or third party to conduct a criminal or other background check.
- A 4 year degree/associates degree in Occupational Safety and Health
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) designation is required at a minimum- CSP/CHI/ASP also accepted
- Strong communication skills
- Computer software – Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel based templates, Prolog, Primavera and AutoDesk Suite
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in safety on large commercial construction projects