Candidates must have 5+ years industry safety experience (4 years if holding a 3rd party, nationally accredited (ANSI or National Commission for Certifying Agencies-NCAA) SOH-related certificate. Must have minimum Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) certificate. Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) certification preferred.
Industry experience required:
- Three (3) years of experience with land-based construction activities, dredging or marine construction projects.
- Having worked managing safety programs or processes. Conducting hazard analyses and developing controls in activities or environments with similar hazards.
Candidates must also have:
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required.
- Knowledge of and experience with OSHA, USACE, Coast Guard and EPA regulations required.
- Completed a 30-Hour OSHA Construction Industry Safety course within 3 years of application
- A current CPR/FA/AED responder’s card issued by a nationally recognized organization
- Completed 8 hours/per year of formal safety training over the past 2 years (other than OSHA 30/CPR).
- Practical experience/training in Lock-out/Tag-out (LOTO), fall protection, and Competent Person (CP) confined space/entry requirements, atmospheric testing.
- Basic knowledge of cranes and rigging.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs and Adobe Acrobat Professional 9.0.