We are seeking qualified personnel to join our team for the following position located on Oahu, HI:
SSHO/Site Safety and Health Officer/CHST – Federal Construction
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include but are not limited to the following. Otherduties may be assigned, some duties may be re-assignable based on available resources.
• Plan, document and implement a site safety organization for projects per EM 385-1-1 Safety Manual,OSHA and HIOSH regulations.
• Prior to the start of construction, meet with the owner or authorized representative to discuss the detailsof the Safety Plan’s components, forms, control activities, and any other items to ensure a complete andmutual understanding of the Safety plan and procedures.
• Expected to be an active participant in the project construction, and review work plans prior to thembeing submitted to the owner.
• Prepare daily Safety reports
• Have detailed knowledge of all contract requirements, drawings, specifications and applicable codes.
• Monitor, review, and approve safety submittals.
• Establish levels of workmanship, resolve differences, and prevent unplanned utility and service disruption
• Monitor environmental protections
• Review safety and hazard plans
• Ensure the timely submission of all documentation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) certification or ability to obtain certification within 60 days of employment
• Requires minimum 5 years construction industry safety experience.
• Corps of Engineers Quality Control Management for Contractors Certificate (can be obtained within 60 days of employment)
• OSHA 30 Certificate (can be obtained within 60 days of employment)
• CPR & First Aid Certificate
• 120 hours of documented safety courses within the last 5 years (additional training can be obtained within 60 days of employment)
• Competent in Excavation, Scaffolding, Fall Protection, Hazardous Energy, Confined Spaces, Health Hazard Recognition, and PPE
• 40 Hour EM 385-1-1 Construction Safety Hazard Awareness Course (can be obtained within 60 days of employment)
Qualified applicants please send resume to email@example.com