Hitachi Rail Honolulu is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Construction Safety & Security Representative to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate, your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu, HI/Pearl City, HI.
Support the Construction Manager and Project Manager in their management, and all the project team of for all relevant HSE issues;
Supervise and monitor Safety and Security Representatives, qualified person(s) and competent person(s).
Identify all OHS Legal and Owner requirements and supervise the correct implementation activities (included suppliers and subcontractors) in compliance with OHSE Policies, OHS Legal requirements and HSE Management System;
Implement the OHS hazard identification and risk assessment, determination and implementation of necessary control measure;
Ensure that hazard analysis are prepared in advance for every construction activity, communicated to the entire work crew on a frequent and regular basis and audited for compliance and implementation;
Act as contact focal point for all OHS matters having meetings with the Team, Owner and Authorities and be visibly seen to provide leadership on OHS matters on the office site and work site;
Implement, monitor and submit the Owner’s Health Safety Plan CHASP (Construction Health and Safety Plan), SSSP (Site Safety and Security Plan) in compliance with the CSSP (Construction Safety and Security Plan) and all other documents required by the Owner.
Establish and Improve the OSHA Program according to the scope of work
Establish, document, implement, maintain and continually improve the HSE Management System needed for the Project, in accordance with Local Laws, OHS Owner Requirement and the HSE Management System in compliance to ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007;
Maintain applicable safety and security reference material at the work site office.
Implement all the OHS related processes under his area of responsibility within HSE Management System (IMS), Legal and Owner Requirements;
Implement the OHS Improvement Plan for achieving the planned OHS Targets of the project, supervise the performance and implement the corrective solutions in case of negative trends;
Execute the OHS coordination activities and report the results (Minutes of Meeting) between Hitachi Rail, sub-contractors and Owner during the execution of the works;
Implement and oversee the Auditing and Inspection Process, carry out OHS Audit and Legal Compliance Audit for Hitachi Rail and his subcontractors reporting results to Hitachi Rail and customers as required;
Conduct daily safety and security inspections. Document observations and corrective actions in the Information security management system of the Owner in a timely manner.
Respond in a timely manner to observations, corrective action requests, and non-conformance reports issued by the Owner.
Attend all required Safety and Security meeting required by the Owner, Hitachi team and local authorities;
Facilitate and document Safety and Security Supervisor Meetings.
Identify the OHS and Security training needs and establish, document and manage a Safety and Security Training Program and perform training to the workers (induction course to the workforce, induction to the visitors, periodic training to the team about risks’ evolution at least once a month, etc).
Ensure the OHS performance monitoring and implement reports in relation to the Owner, Hitachi and HSE Management System Requirements;
Perform or coordinate industrial hygiene surveys, as conditions dictate.
Mentor and provide advice to the Project manager, Construction Manager and all Staff about OHS requirement in order to guarantee OHS technical and regulatory compliance;
Maintain a list of chemicals on site and maintain their material safety data sheets readily available.
Ensure that all required safety equipment is readily available to work crews and that personnel using equipment are trained in proper use, care and limitations.
Ensure that all visitors, vendors, and subcontractor (all tiers) personnel comply with safety and security requirements.
Implement the Emergency Response Plan for the Office and Worksite and guarantee the implementation of the periodic emergency drills;
Establish the Emergency Response System in Office and Worksite defining all needs in terms of training for the Emergency Response Team (First Aid, Firefighting and Evacuation Facilitators) and Equipment according to Local Legislation, OHS Owner Requirement and to the HSE Ansaldo Management System.
Report, investigate and communicate all OHS and Security incidents (near miss, personal injury and property damage and security related incidents) as requested by the Owner and HSE Ansaldo STS Management System. Document investigation results and corrective actions in the “Information security management system” within 8 hours of notification;
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
Bachelor’s degree in occupational health, safety, or a related field.
Have a minimum of 5 years of Health and Safety experience in construction field in similar size and scope project;
Experienced in establishing and implementation of OSHA Program for construction projects of similar size and scope;
Be certified as Work Zone Safety Supervisor by the American Traffic Safety Service Association or other firm’s certification program approved by HART;
Provide documentation showing completion of the 30-hour OSHA Construction Outreach Course or equivalent (preferably conducted within the past 3 years);
Have attended Competent Person Level training in fall protection, excavation and trenching, confined space, rigging and hand signaling for cranes (preferably conducted within the past 5 years).
Provide documentation showing current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Standard First Aid;
Project and Construction Management techniques
Perform training process, including training needs analysis for facilities
Excellent HSE risk evaluation and management skills for Electrical Safety in the Workplace;
Excellent IT (Word, Outlook, Excel), analytical and problem solving and communication skills including written and oral English
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
Construction Experience in Rail/Metro Field;
Experienced in establishing and implementation of ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 standards;
Certification as any or all of the following: Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), or Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST);
Trained for NFPA 70E®: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace;
Experienced in Construction Rail Operation;
Certification as Auditor 14001 (Environmental Auditor) and 18001 (OHS Auditor);
Good communication skills dealing with all levels of the organization;
Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
Establishment and improvement of the Local HSE management system;
Identification and management of HSE legislative and other requirements;
Reaching the HSE objectives for continuous improvement.
reach out to Wyatt Bradbury, email@example.com for more information https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1938014010/
Safety Professional – Lawson and Associates
Posted: Jul 27, 2020
Lawson & Associates, Inc. is currently seeking a mid-level Safety Management Professional to fill an immediate opening in our organization due to growth. We are seeking safety professionals who share our values and take pride in their profession. Preferred applicants should have 3-5 years experience in safety, BCSP certification (preferred), good written and verbal communications skills, computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, a willingness to learn and be a positive team player. A valid drivers license is required.
We strive to inspire you to be the best you can be, as well as give you the benefits, job security, and growth opportunities you are looking for. We are a leading safety support services provider servicing the construction and general industries in the State of Hawaii. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of quaifications, merit and business need. If you are interested in learning more about a possible career with us, please go to https://www.lawsonsafety.com/careers-in-safety and complete the form.
Site Safety & Health Officer
Posted: Jun 15, 2020
A GC located in Waipahu is seeking a Site Safety & Health Officer to join their team. They mainly focus on federal construction. They also handle residential projects. Below are the certifications they would like to see. The medical benefits are completely covered by the company. This is a long term/ full time position.
Must have the following:
- Construction Health & Safety Technician (CHST) certification
- Minimum of 5 years of construction industry safety experience
- At least 24 hours of formal safety training each year for the past 5 years
- 30-Hour OSHA (Construction or General Industry) completed within the past 5 years
- Knowledgeable in EM385-1-1
Please reach out to Ava (information in the signature below) if you are interested in learning more!
Assistant EH&S Manager – Lendlease
Posted: Mar 04, 2020
Lendlease has an Assistant EH&S Safety Manger position open for Hawaii.
Works with the project EHS Manager to deliver the Lendlease vision to create the best places and operate incident and injury free. Supports delivery of compliance with Lendlease Global Minimum Requirements (GMRs) for EHS.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Maintains a robust understanding of safety requirements for all aspects of the site. Including pre-planning, monitoring of construction activities and site conditions, and taking corrective actions to non-compliant work. Driving the Lendlease EHS initiatives on a daily basis with the trades/subcontractors.
- Conduct project EHS audits and property damage and personal injury investigations as necessary and uses discretion to recommend corrective measures to prevent the recurrence of similar problems.
- Uses knowledge and experience to identify poor safety performance and recommends solutions to address issues.
- Use independent judgment to apply concepts and exploit opportunities for improved EHS standards.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to assure compliant EHS outcomes across the project.
- Works with the EHS Manager in the execution of the project EHS plans.
- Applies basic knowledge to provide support to resolve routine technical challenges.
- Engages in continuous professional development to build EHS technical capability.
- Captures project learnings and innovations to develop future capability.
- Keeps abreast of best practice and local requirements to better identify project safety needs and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Contributes to compliance management utilizing relevant reporting systems across the project.
- Appropriately applies operating procedures.
- Implement EHS corrective actions for at risk work.
- Learns from more experienced team members by observing and asking questions.
- Harnesses the skills, knowledge and expertise of the broader team in order to achieve compliant EHS outcomes.
- Understands the impact of EHS issues to the overall project plan.
Division Health and Safety Manager – Abhe & Svoboda, Inc
Posted: Mar 04, 2020
Division Health & Safety Manager opportunity located in Honolulu, Hawaii
The Division Health & Safety Manager position for our Honolulu, Hawaii Office is not a temporary or single project position. As a leading full service, Public Works & Specialized Projects General Contractor we recognize that it takes a group of highly talented and motivated individuals, working together to achieve outstanding results through technical quality and tremendous service.The Division Health & Safety Manager will ensure that we continue to have outstanding results in the safest work environment possible.Summary of Position: Division Health & Safety Manager for City & County, State, Federal, and Private Industry Construction
- Construction Site Safety Inspections
- Writing and Reviewing Site Specific Safety Plans
- Management and Conducting of Employee Safety Training
- Acquisition, Distribution and Inventory Management of safety supplies
- Management of Safety Monitors, Meters, and Equipment
- Conduct Field Testing per Corporate Safety, Health, and Environmental Plan
- Participation in Corporate Safety Committee
- Ensure Compliance with all Local, State, & Federal Safety and Environmental Regulations
- Anticipates and interprets customer needs to identify solutions, resolves standard and nonstandard problems
- Sets priorities to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with supervisors and clients
- Works within budget to meet safety and operational objectives set by the Area Manager and reports daily activities